The French media development agency, CFI, is pleased to invite radio editors-in-chief as well as radio and podcast content creators in Sudan at various professional levels to apply for a training program that will be covering topics related to radio and podcast content creation, as well as the democratic transition in Sudan
Presentation of the program
In the frameworks of its projects in Sudan, the French media development agency, CFI, is pleased to inviteradio editors-in-chief as well as radio and podcast content creators in Sudan to apply for a training program that will be covering several topics related to media and radio content and that is aimed at enhancing their skills.
The training is particularly aimed at the two categories described below:
- Radio editors-in-chief;
- Radio and podcast content creators including radio editors, broadcasters and journalists at various professional levels and citizen journalists.
The program aims to produce, promote and broadcast attractive and meaningful radio content that interacts dynamically with daily life in Sudan, consciously deals with political developments and responds fully to the needs of women and young people in Sudan, drawing attention to the components of local reality within the overall national framework.
In partnership with Monte Carlo Doualiya Radio and the French Embassy in Sudan, CFI welcomes all applicants, especially women, youth and disabled people to apply. Applicants from or residing in Darfur, Kordofan, Blue Nile and Eastern States are also encouraged to apply.
The selection of beneficiaries will be made according to clear and transparent criteria.The trainings, divided into different components, will be covered by experts and professionals from Sudan and the MENA Region. Expenses related to the trainings (transportation, accommodation, etc.) will be covered by CFI.
CFI will also be working in coordination with state media bodies, the Academy of Communication Sciences and Media Training in Khartoum and the EU delegation in Sudan.
It is worth noting that this training constitutes the starting point for training programs that will be implemented by CFI in Sudan to support the Sudanese media in playing its role in the national reconciliation, and to paving the way for democratic transformation.
Three different components will be part of the trainings that will take place in Khartoum in November 2021:
1- First training session for all participants (5 days)
Participants will first attend the same training sessions for 2 days and they will then be divided into two modules.
A) A common core curriculum for journalists and radio/podcast content creators and for editors (2 days) – It will include the role of the media in raising awareness on important subjects such as human rights, national reconciliationand the democratic transformation, in addition to practical training in recording, editing and broadcasting.
B) A module specific to journalists and content creators (3 days) – It will include training on editorial techniques
C) A module specific for editors-in-chief (3 days) – It will include training on newsroom management, planning, programming, and motivating individuals and teams
2- Second training session for journalists and content creators (3 days) – Deepening of radio skills
Participants will then create content related to their training with the support of experts and coaches. The created content is primarily intended for radio but may also be edited for compatibility with the social media pages. The contents produced will be evaluated by a jury including CFI and Monte Carlo Doualiya representatives in December and prizes will be awarded to the best contents. The produced content will be evaluated in December by a jury composed of CFI and Monte Carlo Doualiya Radio representatives. Prizes will be awarded for the content and will be broadcasted on Monte Carlo Doualiya in Sudan as well as other partner radios.
3- Third training session for beneficiaries that are interest in training their colleagues and other radio and podcast content creators (2 days) – Training of trainers
Overall, the training program will be covering the following topics:
- The Development and management of content
- Journalistic work ethics
- The role of the media in raising awareness on national reconciliation issues, Human rights, democracy, equality including gender equality and women’s rights
- Finding media resources
- Taking into account the accuracy of information
- Conducting interviews
- Writing and narrating
- Investigation and investigative techniques
- Organizing the newsroom
- Managing and motivating individuals and teams
- Programming, planning and editing contents
- Selecting and managing local, national and international news
- Recording, editing and broadcasting techniques
- Radio reporting and corresponding
To apply for this training program, you must:
- Be a radio editor, a radio journalist, a radio content creator, a podcast content creator living in Sudan (this includes citizen-journalists and people working in communication that are radio or podcast content creators) – Applicants from Darfur, Kordofan, Blue Nile and Eastern States are encouraged to apply. Youth, particularly women, and disabled people are encouraged to apply.
- Have proven experience in radio or podcast content production.
- Have radio content creation skills and the desire to deepen your skills.
- Have an interest in the main topics covered by the training program (democratic transition, national reconciliation, human rights, etc.).
- Be available to attend the applicable training sessions in Khartoum and commit to attending them (travel and accommodation fees will be covered by CFI).
- Have the language proficiency to attend the trainings in Arabic (spoken Sudanese Arabic -Your ability to use any of the other Sudanese languages will be appreciated).
- For journalists and content creators, commit to produce content related to the training program and authorize CFI & Monte Carlo Doualiya Radio to reproduce and disseminate them (non-commercial use).
Candidates will have to specify which category they fall under:
a) Radio editors-in-chief residing in Sudan
b) Radio and podcast content creators residing in Sudan
And, accordingly, which module they will be applying for:
a) Training for editors-in-chief (1A + 1C)
b) Training for content creators (1A + 1B + 2)
Candidates will also have the choice to apply to a training of trainers’ program (3).
a) Radio editors-in-chief
|Experience and skills||30|
|Description of team and content management + example of content produced (relevance, quality)||25|
b) Radio and podcast content creators
|Experience and skills||30|
|Content produced (relevance, quality)||25|